LEAP schools work to unlock economic improvement in the communities where their students live, as well as improve the prospects for the students themselves. By nurturing partnerships and collaborations, LEAP seeks to expand the positive impact of its work on communities and share its African expertise globally.
“Education is a calling to focus on the future, and with that belief I have hope for my own country and for Africa as a whole. A more equal society is not a dream but a possibility.”
- Roger Badimanye Batena, LEAP Learning Centre Tutor
The LEAP learning community is made up of LEAP schools, the communities they serve and township schools within these communities, privileged partner schools and a host of partners and supporters that share our vision for the future of education.
LEAP’s four extraordinary Science and Maths Schools each serve a particular community:
- LEAP 1 serves Langa, Cape Town
- LEAP 2 serves Gugulethu & Crossroads, Cape Town
- LEAP 3 serves Alexandra, Johannesburg
- LEAP 4 serves Diepsloot, Johannesburg
- LEAP 5 serves Jane Furse, Limpopo
- LEAP 6 serves Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria
LEAP’s vision is to transform communities and therefore partners with:
- Education Partners
- Community Partners
- Social Development Partners