LEAP runs a highly successful teacher training programme called the LEAP Future Leaders Programme. High quality instruction is at the heart of LEAP’s success in shaping leaders in education. LEAP teachers know every student and tailor their instruction according to individual needs. South Africa urgently needs leaders of this kind in education and is short of appropriately qualified, dynamic and caring teachers and inspirational community leaders.
LEAP prioritises identifying, training and developing leaders in education across the spectrum of the academic curriculum.
The LEAP Future Leaders Programme works to make teaching aspirational and accessible for young graduates. With 30 young people currently in the programme we target 10% of each LEAP graduating class and support them to study education at tertiary level.
The programme provides:
- Practical classroom training
- Dedicated mentoring and specialised tuition
- Infrastructure and administrative support
- Opportunities to lead extra-curricular activities and programmes
- On-going life skills awareness and education
- Academic, social and emotional support for distance learning candidates
- Academic fees and a small living allowance
Want to know more? Contact us