LEAP Future Leaders
High quality instruction is at the heart of LEAP’s success in shaping leaders in education. LEAP teachers know every student and tailor their instruction according to individual needs. South Africa urgently needs leaders of this kind in education and is short of appropriately qualified, dynamic and caring teachers and inspirational community leaders.
LEAP prioritises identifying, training and developing leaders in education across the spectrum of the academic curriculum.
“We strive to assess frequently and guide accordingly. We encourage reflective teaching and reflective learning. We teach the importance of humility and the ability to acknowledge fault. We learn that for us to show weakness means that we are strong.”
– Dr Pete van Jaarsveld, LEAP teacher
The LEAP Future Leaders Programme works to make teaching aspirational and accessible for young graduates, targeting10% of each LEAP graduating class and helping them study education at tertiary level. Future Leaders can study to become educators at a tertiary institution or by participating in LEAP’s own Leaders in Education internship.
The programme provides:
- Practical classroom training
- Dedicated mentoring and specialised tuition
- Infrastructure and administrative support
- On-going life skills awareness and education
- Academic, social and emotional supportfor distance learning candidates
- Fees for distance learning candidates and a small living allowance during the internship period
Want to know more? Contact us