Vacancy: School Leader
VACANCY : School Leader
School: LEAP 2 Phillipi, Cape Town
LEAP Science and Maths Schools have an exciting vacancy for a School Leader with school management experience. Appointment to take place on 1 January 2019. The position will be based at our LEAP 2 School, Phillipi, reporting to the Schools Network Leader and Board.
- Degree with PGCE or completed BEd
- Valid SACE registration
- Minimum of four years high school teaching experience to Grade 12 level with at least 2 years’ experience in an HOD or more senior role
- Knowledge of best practice teaching and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of school administration policies and procedures
- Curriculum management and leadership
- Financial literacy, budget management experience
- Computer proficiency
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leading the School, managing a staff of approximately 20 in terms of organisation and statutory procedures.
- Planning and managing the School’s budgeting process and financial controls.
- Overseeing and managing the fee-collection process in liaison with Central Finance.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships between Staff, parents and learners.
- Driving excellent delivery of the curriculum in line with LEAP’s mission and vision
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely highlights general duties of the post.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of the curriculum and developments in the educational field
- Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Conflict-handling skills
- Innovative strategic thinking skills
- Highly developed administrative and organizational skills
- Passion for teaching and working with students
- Personal value alignment with LEAP values
A market related salary in line with the internal LEAP notch benchmarking structure will be identified, motivated by experience and qualifications.
Please direct applications to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae. PLEASE ensure that you quote “LP2 School Leader” in the Subject of your email. Closing Date: 13 December 2018. Only applicants selected for short-listing will be contacted.