English/History Teacher and HOD
LEAP SCIENCE AND MATHS SCHOOLS – LANGA TOWNSHIP, CAPE TOWN
Our campus has an opening for an English/History Teacher and HOD effective July 2018
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the areas of English FAL/HL and History for grade12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents, contribute to and benefit from the campus community
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection and continuous improvement of self and teachers in the department
- Administers subject specific assessments, for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans as stipulated by CAPS
- Analyzes test data and plans instructional responses for enhancing student achievement and provides feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Counsel students for the purpose of improving performance, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (lesson plans, progress reports, etc.) and maintain a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic files and records in accordance with established administrative guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Experience as an HOD plus three years teaching experience at g 12 level
- Be a Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
- Facilitation of student learning by creating a learning environment, integrating technology, arranging field trips, organizing age appropriate activities, etc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree specializing in the teaching of English. Teaching credentials (PGCE/Equivalent & SACE) are mandatory.
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE OFFERED
Deadline for application: 28 May 2018 (no late applications will be considered). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted