Financial Manager Vacancy
1 November 2017
Closing Date: 17 November 2017
REF NO: LEAPCS001
A rewarding opportunity has arisen within the dynamic education transformation sector for a qualified and experienced Graduate Accountant. LEAP Science and Maths Schools, an NGO/NPO with a 14 year proven track record, is looking for a Financial Manager to start 1 February 2018. The position will be based at our Central Service Offices at St Francis Children’s Home, 122 Thornton Road, Crawford, Cape Town, reporting directly to the LEAP Head of Schools.
- CA or B Com degree with post graduate financial management and accounting qualification
- At least 10 years of experience within medium to large corporates as well as some experience within NGO/NPO environments
- Computer proficiency: Advanced Excel or Google equivalent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Works closely with the Head of Schools and School Leaders to ensure effective management of the resources of the six existing schools.
- Contributes effectively to the strategic direction and sustainability of the Organisation
- Establishes and updates Finance Policies for the Organisation.
- Proposes and oversees procedures within the Schools to ensure adherence to Policy.
- Manages the fee-collection processes in terms of the Policy
- Manages the Finances and Accounts of the Schools.
- Prepares Financial Reports for the Board and for audits.
- Provides necessary financial information for donor reporting requirements
- Leads and empowers the School Leaders on the budgetary process and controls
- Controls procurement processes and authorises payment of suppliers and contractors
- Oversees the payment of salaries
- Keeps accounts for inspection
- Manages the Finance Team at Central Services
- Supports and develops the capacity of School Leaders and Administrators
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely highlights general duties of the Employee. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform certain tasks and duties that may not be encompassed above.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Independent thinker with strong conceptual, analytical and systems thinking ability
- High energy levels, ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines consistently
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence others, negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Highest levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Internal customer service orientation
- Attention to Detail and zero-error mindset
- Personal value alignment with LEAP values
A market related salary will be identified, motivated by experience and qualifications. Some flexibility in working hours and arrangements can be negotiated.
Please direct applications to HR at email@example.com with a covering letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae. PLEASE quote the reference number in the subject of your email.
REF NO: LEAPCS001
Closing Date: 17 November 2017. Only candidates selected for short-listing will be contacted.