Vacancy: Sepedi & English Educator, Limpopo, January 2018
Educator: Sepedi & English (Limpopo)
Posted: 18th August 2017
Closing Date: 15 September 2017
REF NO: LEAP5003
An exciting vacancy for a qualified Sepedi & English Educator exists within LEAP Science and Maths Schools, to start January 2018. The position will be based at our LEAP 5 premises at Stand 1, Jane Furse Memorial Village (Old Hospital), Old Jane Furse Road, Limpopo.
- SACE registration and Police Clearance
- Degree in languages and post graduate teaching qualification or four-year relevant teaching degree
- Experience teaching to Matric
- Computer literate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Plan lessons
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Actively participate in all professional development programs
- Meet with other staff members to track the progress of students
- Analyse student data to inform interventions
- Work with your grade team to structure targeted academic interventions plans for students
- Attend all staff meetings, grade meetings, curriculum meetings, school events and any other Leap events
- Build relationships with students in and out of classroom
- Communicate with parents, students and staff.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely highlights general duties of the Employee. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform certain tasks and duties that may not be encompassed above.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Passion for teaching and working with students
- Works well within a team
- Personal value alignment with LEAP values
A market related salary in line with the internal LEAP notch benchmarking structure will be identified, motivated by experience and qualifications. In addition, the successful candidate will form part of the Company’s current pension fund, equating to a mandatory 4% employee contribution which is matched by the Company.
Please direct applications to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae. PLEASE quote the reference number in the subject of your email.
Closing Date: 15 September 2017. Only candidates selected for short-listing will be contacted.