Vacancy: Accounting and Business Studies Teacher, Cape Town
7 July 2017
Educator: Accounting and Business Studies Grade 11 & 12
Employment terms: FIXED TERM CONTRACT, Third Term
Closing Date: 14 July 2017
REF NO: LEAP2002
A FIXED TERM vacancy for an Educator offering the above combination of subjects exists within LEAP Science and Maths Schools, to start 24 July 2017 to the end of September 2017. The position will be based at our LEAP 2 School at The Business Place, 1 Cwango Crescent, Philippi, Western Cape, reporting to the LEAP 2 Leadership team. This is an urgent appointment.
- Available to start immediately
- SACE registration
- Computer literate
- Experience within a similar role
- Ability and willingness to commit to remaining in the role for the full period of the fixed term contract in order to provide the learners with essential stability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Plan lessons
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Actively participate in all professional development programs
- Meet with other staff members to track the progress of students
- Analyse student data to inform interventions
- Work with your grade team to structure targeted academic interventions plans for students
- Attend all staff meetings, grade meetings, curriculum meetings, school events and any other Leap events
- Build relationships with students in and out of classroom
- Communicate with parents, students and staff.
- Select, store, order, issue and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely highlights general duties of the Employee. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform certain tasks and duties that may not be encompassed above.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Passion for teaching and working with students
- Works well within a team
- Personal value alignment with LEAP values
A market related salary will be offered, motivated by experience and qualifications.
Please direct applications to HR at email@example.com with a covering letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae. PLEASE ensure that you quote the Reference Number in the Subject of your email. Closing Date: 14 July 2017. Only applicants selected for short-listing will be contacted.