VACANCY: Mathematics and Physical Science Educator
Educator: Mathematics and Physical Science
Closing Date: 17 May 2017
REF NO: LEAP4001
An exciting vacancy for a Mathematics & Physical Science Educator exists within LEAP Science and Maths Schools, to start as soon as possible. The position will be based at our LEAP 4 premises at The Akani Centre Bophelang, Rodney Mphela Street, Diepsloot West, Extension 4, Johannesburg reporting directly to the LEAP 4 leadership team.
- SACE registration
- BSc with Mathematics and Science or Engineering + post graduate teaching qualification with Maths specialisation or BEd in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics with Science (Honours degree preferred)
- Computer literate
- Good track record of teaching in an accredited and registered institution
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Plan lessons
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Actively participate in all professional development programs
- Meet with other staff members to track the progress of students
- Analyse student data to inform interventions
- Work with your grade team to structure targeted academic interventions plans for students
- Attend all staff meetings, grade meetings, curriculum meetings, school events and any other Leap events
- Build relationships with students in and out of classroom
- Communicate with parents, students and staff.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely highlights general duties of the Employee. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform certain tasks and duties that may not be encompassed above.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Passion for teaching and working with students
- Works well within a team
- Personal value alignment with LEAP values
A market related salary in line with the internal LEAP notch benchmarking structure will be identified, motivated by experience and qualifications. In addition, the successful candidate will form part of the Company’s current pension fund, equating to a mandatory 4% employee contribution which is matched by the Company.
Please direct applications to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae. PLEASE quote the reference number in the subject of your email. Closing Date: 17 May 2017. Only candidates selected for short-listing will be contacted.