LEAP Science and Maths Schools form a national network of no-fee high schools serving children from economically and socially marginalised communities. Starting with the first school in Cape Town in 2004, LEAP has grown to a network of six schools in three provinces. The vision of LEAP is to positively transform communities through the education of children who live there.
An exciting vacancy for an experienced fundraiser with a strong sense of social responsibility and commitment to transformational development currently exists within LEAP. The position will be based initially in Linbro Park together with one other fundraiser. A move to alternative premises may take place during 2017. You will be accountable to a national fundraising and relationship team reporting to the Executive Director and Board.
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising over R3 million per annum, grant writing, CSI or related fields – good knowledge of national and international fundraising networks and high net worth individuals will be a recommendation
- Good knowledge of the South African CSI landscape
- Good computer literacy – proficiency with Microsoft programmes,Google applications and experience with a CRM database.
- Some understanding of financial management and budgeting.
- Experience with working in a team successfully (raising in excess of R20 million each year).
- Good communication skills and English writing ability. Fluency in another South African language will be a recommendation
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and be committed to excellence and working for change in the South African education system.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car.
ADDED BENEFIT TO APPLICATION:
- Ability to collect and use data to inform fundraising strategies
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in the development (NGO) sector
- Some marketing, PR and event management experience
- A track record in community engagement
- An understanding of BBBEE requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary role of the incumbent is to raise funds for the organisation’s operational costs and capital projects. This will include but not be limited to:
- Networking and research to identify prospective donors
- Prospecting and meeting with donors
- Continually developing and nurturing donor relationships
- Drafting funding proposals
- Report writing for donors
- Building relationships with the staff and students of LEAP schools and liaising with school leadership and development teams
- Some national travel will be required
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely to highlight the main focus of the role. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform additional tasks and duties to support the organisation.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Passionate about social justice
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, collaborative
- Responsible and reliable
Salary will be based on the candidate’s previous experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and comprehensive CV detailing your previous experience by Tuesday 31st January 2017, 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the subject line “JHB Fundraiser vacancy application” when applying.