Funders and friends – How BSG helps LEAP
LEAP Schools has been BSG’s flagship corporate social investment project for several years and we have benefited enormously from the support of BSG’s staff and leadership. BSG has gone way beyond the provision of funding to support LEAP’s work. Here are just some of the ways BSG has been involved in LEAP’s work:
- Unrestricted funding of more than R100,000 on a yearly basis for LEAP’s School operations.
- Participation of BSG’s senior leadership in LEAP’s strategic planning committee. The CEO of BSG, Greg Reiss is a personal supporter of LEAP’s work as well, and in 2015 he even lent one of our students his bike to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour.
- Support with Human Resources policy and processes. BSG’s HR director is on LEAP’s board and is Head of LEAP’s HR committee. He has mentored our HR team and helped us to implement the Care and Growth model throughout the organisation.
- BSG Do-it-Days in which BSG staff engage in community work with LEAP students. We have painted and equipped LEAP social development sites and LEAP classrooms as a team.
- Holding an annual charity Triathlon series in aid of LEAP. And donating bikes and sporting equipment to help our students participate.
- Sponsorship and support in co-ordinating a team for the Cape Town Cycle tour for the last two years. These events have raised more than R200,000 in total and have helped to raise the profile of LEAP.
- Workshops on careers in IT, developing CVs and workplace skills, fun days for our grade 8 students, donations of computers and equipment, donating the use of conference facilities and much much more….
LEAP is delighted to have BSG as one of our valued supporters. For more information visit.: www.bsg.co.za
Click here to read about the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2015